Welcome to my blog

God moved me to create this blog to inspire others to join with me to help the children of our world. I am a wife, a mother, and a Christian who wants to change the world, one child at a time.
John 14:18




Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Operation Christmas Child

Do your kids ever go to birthday parties and come home with a party bag full of stuff that you throw in the trash right away?  Do you ever go through a drive-thru and get a happy meal toy that ends up at the bottom of a toychest?  Do you ever walk by the dollar bin at Target and see cute little toys that your kids DON'T need?  Please don't throw them away!  Junk to your kids could be a christmas present for a child around the world, and may be the only present that child has ever gotten.  Operation Christmas Child is a project through an organization called Samaritans Purse.  We collect shoeboxes and fill them with toys, school supplies, toiletries, and whatever else we think a child would like.  The boxes are then shipped all over the world and given to kids who have nothing.  I am not feeding the hungry, nor giving life-saving surgery to anyone, it just creates a smile.  That and the realization that there is a God of this world that cares about them, and there are people in the world that do, too.  So please send me toys, toothbrushes, toothpaste, socks, gum, candy.  The only thing that cannot be sent is liquids and glass. Also, if you live in Colorado, please save your shoeboxes for me!  Last year I did one little box.  This year I am stepping it up a bit.  My goal is 50 boxes.  Each box costs $7 to ship, which is $350 (I did good in math).  So if your heart leads you, I will be accepting donations to help with the shipping costs as well. 
So save your happy meal toys!  Buy those little books that are on sale in the dollar bin!  And I pray the Lord will bless you 100 fold in return.  Here is the address of where to send the loot to.
Amy Adkins
5644 S Ingalls St
Littleton, CO  80123

Samaritans Purse

4 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to help with this! I love the new blog! Love it. I hope its okay that I added it to blogs I read on my blog. I'm gonna start a box now for these items! Are you still gonna update your other blog for the kids?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you! Yes, the more people that see it the better! I am gonna try to keep up the other blog, although I am a total slacker :)

      Delete
  2. Hey amy I have a HUGE box of toys that I can give u or u can look through. Some of them r bigger toys. Let me know what you need.
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bethany, thank you so much! The only requirement is that they are new or "like new". So I will take whatever you have that you think would work. It doesn't matter the size as long as you think they can go in a shoebox. Especially if it is for a 0-3 year old, because they don't care about the quantity of stuff in their box. If you wanna go through it and just pick out what would work, I would totally appreciate it!

      Delete