Welcome to my blog

God moved me to create this blog to inspire others to join with me to help the children of our world. I am a wife, a mother, and a Christian who wants to change the world, one child at a time.
John 14:18




Thursday, March 1, 2012

Uganda Mission Trip Fundraiser


I love Africa.  I am hoping to help someone get there to make a difference.  A fellow adoptive mama Deb Steiner is going on a mission trip to Uganda and I would love it if you would help her raise the money for it.  And you get something awesome out of it!  You can get one of these awesome bracelets that says "love with abandon" or one that says "be the change."  You can also get a bag tag like the one above that says "be the change."  I ordered the "love with abandon" bracelet yesterday and can't wait for it to come.  Love with abandon.  What does that mean anyway?  Here is what it means to me...
Love like no one is watching.  Love the unloved.  Love the needy.  ABANDON your own self just to love someone else.  Let your own life be less important and spend your minutes thinking of how to make a difference.  I have something on the inside that others want and need.  That is the LOVE of Jesus Christ.  He is the treasure.  I am just the treasure box.  I am going to open up my heart, let him come out and love with abandon.
The money from these bracelets and tags will go to help Deb get to Uganda.  Why is she going?  She and several others will be pairing with an organization called Project Hopeful.  Here are words from the blog.  "The primary mission of our trip will be to provide short-term medical services to people in Uganda.  We will set up make-shift clinics in Ssenge Village, Kampala's slums, and maybe, the islands near Jinja."

Can you help her group get to Uganda?  Consider buying one of the items on the blog.  Just 10 bucks can make such a difference.  If your heart leads you to help, here is where you can make a purchase.

Uganda Mission Trip

For Deb's Project Hopeful's blog debut, go here.

Deb's Project Hopeful Blog

God Bless You!

Amy
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Will can offer prints of his artwork to help raise money! Check out his paintings/prints at www.shadowrockart.com. If you/she is interested let me know and we can work out the details. Will puts scripture and hidden symbols in all of his original artwork. He can give you more details on this.

    ReplyDelete